Tuesday, September 25, 2007

What is truly awesome?

Recently, I had a conversation with my Brother "Nit" from MN, and He said something to me that I thought was quite insightful. He told me that he was trying not to use the word "awesome" too much. because there aren't that many things that truly inspire awe. for instance, you shot a birdie on the 18th... well that isn't really something to be in awe of. However, If you shot a whole-in-one with no ball, club, fairway, or green but did so with the power of your word, now that would be awesome.

That is what our Father has done. He created the entire universe from nothing but His word. He existed prior to anything. He created us with the ability to create, however, we do need the raw materials. God also uses raw materials. He used dust to assemble Adam, and from Adam He created Eve. He has created millions of saints from lost and condemned sinners. He creates good from all things. I find great comfort in the fact that I am "His worckmanship created in Christ Jesus..." Ephesians 2:10. Think about it, the God of the universe not only created you, but is continuing to work all things for good to those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. He can create good from your badness, He can even make your mistakes work for His glory. He is not dependant upon us at all. It is very probable that your toughest challenge of sin will become your strongest ministry. I have heard it said that God is the ultimate recycler. He takes our garbage, and makes new creations. He took my life of rebellion and habitual sin and has turned me into a saint, a child of God, free from any and all condemning carges against me, a branch of the True Vine, and created for good works in Christ Jesus. Nit, I completely agree with you, that is AWESOME!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen,AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAmen. Definitely food for thought! I've caught myself from using this word out of context...

Jeanne Scholle said...

Truely Awesome is your new life in Christ!! I Praise and thank God every day for the miracle of your New Life!! I love your blog name too .. Free Indeed!! It is perfect! Keep writing you have wonderful insight.....I LOVE YOU....Mom!

Jeanne Scholle said...

One question....I just don't quite get the Accounting and Afganistan thing! .....mom

Dolly said...

I'm with you about the Accounting and Afganistan thing too Mrs. Scholle. I'm confused but I DO LOVE your blog name and your food for thought Max. It sounds like you could be a pastor in the making? I over use the word Awesome WAY TOO MUCH and now you and Nit will have me thinking before I over use it again.

Kaelin S said...

Hi Max!
Glad you decided to start your own blog - I know you have a lot to say and believe your story is a living example of hope and healing. Your story will give others struggling with addiction or other strongholds that they too can be set free through Christ. I hope you will continue to search out ways to share your story, and search for those that can be healed by it. I'm thankful for all that God has done in your life, and continues to do in your life.
Love ya--
Kaelin